Stewards of Alberta's Protected Areas Association (SAPAA)
Goals & Objectives
- To establish a network of Volunteer Stewards to exchange information and expertise and to provide mutual assistance and support.
- To promote the preservation protection and restoration of the ecological integrity of Alberta's Protected Areas.
- To promote the use of Alberta's Protected Areas for educational and research purposes, and for non-intrusive, nature-oriented activities compatible with each individual site.
- To identify common issues of concern in Alberta's Protected Areas for the purpose of dealing with them more effectively and comprehensively.
- To work with appropriate government departments and with other groups and agencies to resolve issues regarding actions and activities that affect Alberta's Protected Areas.
- To represent members of the Association at meetings of stakeholders and in events, issues and situations that affect Alberta's Protected Areas.
- To increase and enhance public awareness of the value of Protected Areas and of the volunteer Stewards' role in preserving these areas.
- To support knowledge and skill development for Stewards and supporters of the Association through conferences, workshops, seminars and publications.
Issue areas: Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Education Fresh Water Terrestrial Ecosystems & Land Use
Activities: Direct activities Network Development Public Participation
Geographic Scope: Provincial
Charity Type: No charitable status
Incorporation Type: Provincial Non-Profit Society
Year Founded: 1999
Staff: No information available
Volunteers: No information available